Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Links: October 21st, 2012 Edition

Are we really two-thirds of the way through October? Apparently we must be, but how that happened, I certainly couldn't tell you!

If you're gearing up for NaNoWriMo, you might like to look through my posts related to that topic before the first of the month rolls around. I don't plan to do NaNo this year, though I am planning on tackling a novella-length project during the month of November if all goes well.

Below are this week's writing-related links as well as links to my own blog posts from this week.

"10 Tips for Writing Impactful Dialogue" (Catherine McKenzie at Writer Unboxed) - I enjoy writing (and reading) effective dialogue. This list of suggestions struck me as being very useful, especially for someone who finds dialogue a difficult part of their writing.

"What Writers Can Learn from Robert A. Heinlein" (Matthew Wright) - Matthew talks about science-fiction legend Robert A. Heinlein's fiction, particularly how he used knowledge of existing science to extrapolate what may have been coming down the road.

"Think Like a Writer Every Day, Even If You Can't Write Every Day" (Joanna Penn at The Writing Penn) - Joanna gives five suggestions about things writers can do to be working at improving their writer's mind even on days when they aren't actively writing.

Along with those links, here are the items I posted on my blog this week:

"October 2012 Mid-Month Goal Check" - Monday I looked in on my goals for this month and talked about how I'm doing toward meeting them. On the whole, I'd describe my progress as "good but not great." It's been a very good month on the whole writing-wise, though, so I'm not going to complain at all about how things are going.

"Five Writing Prompts to Die For: Guest Post by Kathryn Jones" - Thursday saw a guest post from Kathryn Jones with writing prompt ideas themed for the Halloween season. If you didn't see those earlier this week and are looking for some thoughts on ways to get some story ideas related to the holiday, give them a look!

I appreciate you stopping by to check out the links for this week. Have you run across any writing-related information recently which you'd like to share? Feel free to add it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment