Monday, April 22, 2013

April Goal Status

Well.

April has not gone to plan. But then, how often do things go to plan?
  1. Submit three stories for the first time. - I am once again failing to get any traction on this goal. I won't say that I've already blown my chances at hitting my goal for 2013 in terms of getting new stories out the door, but it's going to require much more focus than I've given to the goal so far. There's at least some chance I'll still make this goal with a little over a week left in April.
  2. Read seven short stories each Monday to Sunday week. - Having a weekly goal here has helped quite a bit with keeping me from getting off track. I've hit the mark three weeks in a row.
  3. Reply to all Kazka Press flash fiction submissions by the 24th. - I'm on target for this.
  4. Make twenty submissions of non-reprint stories. - I'm at ten so far for the month. A good chance I'll hit twenty.
  5. Outline and get at least 4000 words written on a novelette for general submission. - As much as I'd like to do this, I think it needs to have lower precedence than getting stories already drafted finished up and out the door.
  6. Write one non-flash story which is NOT inspired by any pre-existing prompt/theme/etc. - I like the idea behind this goal, but ultimately it's as much an "ego" goal as anything else. If I end up having an idea I love and writing it this month, fantastic. If not, I won't be too upset.
  7. Blog every Monday about my goal progress. -  This is the one I'm most disappointed in myself for not following through on so far in April because it's so incredibly easy. It only takes maybe ten minutes and it gives me an opportunity to mentally check how I'm doing. Maybe if I'd done this some of the other Mondays this month I would have made more progress on the goals I'm not on track to meet. Maybe not, of course. Nevertheless, I want to include something similar in my May goals and make sure I follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment