Monday, August 13, 2012

August Mid-Month Goal Check

The middle of the month is coming up quickly and I thought today would be a good day to see where I stand in terms of my writing goals for this month.

1) Keep all my writing routines -- Daily Writing Chain, blogging schedule, etc. - On target. Assuming nothing goes badly awry, I'll get to celebrate a full year of my Daily Writing Chain on August 31st.


2) Write at least one new story.  - Done. I've written two new stories this month, both over 2,000 words.

3) Submit at least three stories for the first time. - Hrm. I need to get on this. At zero at the moment.

4) Write 10,000 words of new fiction. - I'm nicely on target for this, though not a lot ahead of target.

5) On 8/31, have two non-time-sensitive blog posts written and ready for future use on a day when I'm not able to post something "new." - No progress on this so far. It's not a high-priority goal, but at the same time, it's the sort of thing where if I don't do it and need it, I'll regret not having done it. I will say that adding the "Write Every Day" blog has complicated my blogging schedule more than I had envisioned originally. I'm considering tweaking the schedule for that other blog but haven't made any decisions yet.

6) Get a revised version of my novelette out to beta readers. - I need to get back to this; as it is, it's getting late enough in the month that there's a fair chance I won't be able to get feedback on it in time for it to be my August eBook.

7) Launch at least one new eBook. - No news on this front.

Overall, I'm somewhat disappointed with where things stand. I've got three goals that I'm on-track for but four that I've made little or no progress toward. That either means I'm not using my time well or I'm not defining my goals well. More thought will be required on this matter...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your doing pretty good compared to me! I'm really struggling setting goals, let alone completing them. I need to tell myself to get home and get on the computer after work.

    ReplyDelete