Each Monday in May I'm posting a check-in status for my monthly #writemotivation goals. This is an opportunity for me to reflect on how things are going with the month and also to communicate with other writers participating in the #writemotivation mutual-encouragement activity.
for a Memorial Day Weekend blogging hiatus, keep all my writing
routines -- Daily Writing Chain (aka Seinfeld Chain), blogging schedule,
etc. - Going fine so far.
2) Write and submit one or more short stories for the first time.
- I have written one new story (about 1000 words) but will not be
submitting it right now. It's for a private forum competition and I'll
be waiting to see what feedback I get from that before sending it out
for a regular submission. I've got a couple of new stories in process as well.
3) Make revisions to my non-fiction project based on feedback and my own editing of it.
- I'm expecting to get going on this later this week.
4) Write 7,500 words of new fiction. - I didn't have any one breakthrough day this week but I did get up over 5,000 words for the month which puts me well above pace.
5) On 5/31, have two non-time-sensitive blog posts written and ready for
future use on a day when I'm not able to post something "new." -On target
6) Launch at least one new eBook
- Still intending to do this, assuming I have an appropriate item to prepare and launch. I'd say this is down to about an 85% probability, as it depends on multiple factors. Still, it's high on my priority list.
Whether you're part of the #writemotivation community or not, I hope that your goals for May are off to a good start. Lots of month left, let's get some great things done!