For now, though, I'm going to focus on the month that just ended and the month that's beginning.
Here were my May goals:
- Make 15 non-reprint submissions of short stories. - Got it. In fact, I surpassed it with a total of 20 submissions.
- Write at least one story of more than 1000 words. - Done.
- Submit at least one story for the first time. - Done.
- Reply to all Kazka Press submissions by May 25th. - I came up a bit short... err... long on this. I made all my first-round decisions by the 25th but didn't make final cuts until the 27th. Since we try to put issues out on the 1st, that really put the publisher in a time crunch. So I'm going to aim to be better about this in June.
- Make 20 non-reprint submissions of short stories.
- Submit one backlog story for each full week in June. - If I do this, I'll get four of the stories out of my "backlog" of drafted-but-not-finished stories out the door.
- Write at least one story. - Writing new fiction isn't going to be my main objective this month, but I do want to meet my Write 1/Sub 1 monthly goal.
- Read at least 30 short stories.
- Reply to all Kazka Press submissions by June 23rd.