Thursday, May 9, 2013

Changing My Blog's Title

So, "Michael Haynes - A Writing Blog" seemed to be becoming progressively more inaccurate of a name as I talk much less about the actual mechanics of writing than I did when I started out on this road a little under two years ago.

So, I've changed the title to "Michael Haynes - Science Fiction & Fantasy Writer." A bit more descriptive of what I've really been posting about in recent months. And also indicative of the fact that I don't think I'm apt to go back to writing a lot "about writing" in the future. At the same time, I think I may do some more personal postings here alongside my usual goals and announcements posts.

Speaking of goals, it hasn't escaped me that I haven't set any for May. This is going to be kind of a crazy month, so I'm going to keep my goals really basic.
  1. Make 15 non-reprint submissions of short stories.
  2. Write at least one story of more than 1000 words.
  3. Submit at least one story for the first time.
  4. Reply to all Kazka Press submissions by May 25th.
And that's it for this month!

2 comments:

  1. I like the new blog title, and I'm very impressed with your goals for May. They don't seem modest to me at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I hope that the month treats you well!

    ReplyDelete