Where I say "Short Stories" below, please read that to include all lengths of short fiction from flash fiction through novellas.
- Submit 36 Short Stories for the First Time
- Read 500 Short Stories
- Submit Four New Novelettes and Novellas
- Attend Four Conventions
- Reformulate My Blog Strategy
In the interest of completeness, I'm going to recap my 2012 goals as well.
- Go through revisions on my NaNo project and get it out the door on submission. - Did not happen. I've got mixed feelings about whether I'll ever go back to "Adrift." I think there are some good core elements there and the one person who's read it felt that there was some potential. But I also realize it probably needs a complete redrafting which is a daunting prospect. Also, at the moment, working on a novel does not fit in with any of my 2013 goals, which seems to make it something which is unlikely to take up much of my time for the near future.
- Write 250,000 words of fiction on new projects. - Did not happen. I stopped counting words earlier this year. I'd estimate I hit about 120,000 words which is a very solid number even if it is less than half of what I had been aiming for.
- Write a first draft of a new novel during NaNoWriMo. - Did not happen.
- Stick to my established blog schedule. - Done.
- Keep my Seinfeld Chain going throughout the year. If I absolutely have to break it, start a new one ASAP. - Basically done. Things got a bit wonky in the last couple of weeks of the year, but I'm going to say I met the spirit of this one.
- Attend one genre convention. - Done.