Friday, October 5, 2012

Story Publication: "ReFormed" at Buzzy Mag

"Marshall churned away on an elliptical machine at his gym. His attention wandered from the news during a commercial and he noticed a woman running on a treadmill across the room. He only saw her in profile, but she looked like Carol. Not Carol right before she died, lying in a hospital bed. Carol when they first met, several years ago. Carol when she said 'Yes' to his proposal and accepted the ring he offered."
- From "ReFormed"
My science fiction story about a man who finds a woman who has the same face as his dead fiancee is live today on Buzzy Mag. "ReFormed" is one of my favorites of my stories.

I need to give special thanks here to Brenda Stokes Barron. She read several versions of this story and kept encouraging me to make it a fuller story as I took it through revisions. I'm sure it's a much better story than it would have been without her help.

This is, as far as I know, the last story I'll have published for a little while. I'm sure you'll all be glad for the break. :)

If you read this story, I hope that you enjoy it!

5 comments:

  1. Well, you keep churning out the stories and we'll keep sharing in the Congrats pool because this is all very awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an intriguing concept, and then you carried it further and deeper so that it wasn't JUST that concept. Congrats on a great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Jillian. I am very glad that you enjoyed the story.

      Delete
  3. Definitely we'll enjoy by reading your stories, I like the way you express thoughts, nice one.

    ReplyDelete