As I typically do around the middle of each month, I'm devoting today's blog post to a status check on my writing goals for this month. Here's how things are coming along.
1) Keep my Daily Writing Chain going. - This is coming along just fine.
2) Write and submit one brand-new story.
- I've started a new story but have a fair amount more work to get done on it for it to be submission-ready.
3) Revise and submit one pending story each week. - One for two. The first weekend was mostly devoted to getting the story for the Codex Halloween contest completed but I got a story revised and out the door this past weekend. I want to make a concerted effort at meeting this goal the other two weekends.
4) Submit a story for the Codex Halloween contest. - Done. Yay!
5) On 10/31 have two non-time-sensitive
blog posts written and ready to post on a day when I'm not otherwise
able to post something "new." - No progress on this. It's a low-priority goal, but still I should be trying to move forward on it all the same.
6) Read thirty short stories. - I'm on target for this goal.
So, in brief, I'd say that I feel good about how the month is going so far but there's also a lot of work yet to be done. I'm going to go get to some of that work right now!