July is a #writemotivation goal-check month so every Monday this month I'm blogging about my goals and how I'm coming along with them.
1) Keep all my writing
routines -- Daily Writing Chain, blogging schedule,
etc. - On target. Adding in the "Write Every Day" blog posts has made this a bit more of a challenge than usual. My intention had been to have those prepped a week ahead so I could just let them post at midnight each morning, but that hasn't worked out too well so far. I'll see if I can get a better handle on that in the upcoming weeks.
2) Write at least one new story. - I've actually finished first drafts (or more) of six short stories this month. They're all very short; the longest is just over 2,000 words, but I'm very pleased with the overall output.
3) Submit at least four stories for the first time.
- I'm still sitting at three here, but I don't think I'll have any problem getting a fourth out the door. I might try to go beyond this a bit, if I can make time in the next week.
4) Write 7,500 words of new fiction. - I'm just shy of this total now; I should surpass it easily.
5) On 7/31, have two non-time-sensitive blog posts written and ready for
future use on a day when I'm not able to post something "new." - Adding the Write Every Day blogging which I mentioned above has sort of taxed my blogging time. I don't think it's "too much"; rather, I think I just haven't found the right routine/schedule yet. I hope to get more on track with this in August.
6) Launch at least one new eBook.
- I'm not going to be releasing the item I had originally planned as being my July release; I simply haven't put enough time towards it. It still needs another pass through of revisions and then one more round of critiquing and revisions before it's ready to go. I have a mystery short I might release though the one mystery I already released ("Levels of Trust") has been my slowest-selling item, so the incentive to work on another straight mystery title is slim.
I hope that everyone working on
#writemotivation this month is having a great go of it! See you for
another goal check next Monday!