With the (possibly temporary) removal of the Dissecting the Short Story feature from my blogging calendar, I'm going to be making changes to when I post starting in February. My new schedule will be general posts every Monday and Thursday and then my weekly Links post on Sunday.
Also, looking forward to February, I wanted to plan out my goals for the month.
1) Spend time in the first half of the month analyzing my first draft of "Adrift" and time in the second half of the month planning the second draft. - It's baaa-ack!
2) Write 5,000 words of new fiction including at least one new short story. - Now, I'm not going to limit myself to only 5,000 words if I get on a roll. But, I have a non-fiction project I'm seriously considering putting some time into soon and I also want to make real progress on the novel review this month. This is what I consider sort of a "maintenance" level of new fiction writing.
3) Keep all my writing routines -- Seinfeld Chain, revised blogging schedule, etc. - As I said yesterday, having a routine keeps me moving forward.
4) On 2/29, have one non-time-sensitive blog post written and ready for future use on a day when I'm not able to post something "new." - So, if I use the one I have on hand as of 1/31, I need to replace it. If I don't use it, I need to do nothing specific on this goal.
5) Submit one or more short stories for the first time this month. - This is part of my "Write 1/Sub 1" goal for the month.
6) Look more seriously at scheduling to attend Marcon in early April. - This is a local science fiction convention.
Anyone have interesting February goals they want to share?