With January basically over, this will be both my final #writemotivation wrapup for the month and also my overall evaluation of my goals for the month.
1) Spend time in the first half of January analyzing my first draft of "Adrift" and time in the second half of January planning the second draft. - As discussed in previous posts, I got nowhere with this goal in January and have deferred it to February.
2) Write 25,000 words of new fiction including at least one new short story. - I crossed 16,000 words of fiction writing on the 29th and I'll probably end up somewhere close to 17,000 by the end of the 31st. This has me at pace for 200,000 words on the year. I feel fairly good about where this ended up even though I was about 33% short of the goal itself.
3) Keep all my writing routines -- Seinfeld Chain, blogging schedule, etc. - As of tonight, this is done. Just a quick reminder, there will be no Wednesday or Friday posts this week as February is starting and I'll be switching to a Monday, Thursday, Sunday routine.
4) On 1/31, have one non-time-sensitive blog post written and ready for future use on a day when I'm not able to post something "new." - This is complete.
5) Submit one or more short stories for the first time this month. - Done. So I've completed the entire "Write 1/Sub 1" goal for the month.
It's been nice getting the support from #writemotivation folks throughout the month. I'm looking forward to seeing what we'll have cooked up for March.