Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New Story Online and Dissecting the Short Story Preview

First off, some good news to share. A (very) short story of mine was published today by Nanoism. Nanoism is a site that publishes tweet-length fiction (140 characters or fewer). It's a format I dabbled a bit in a couple of years ago. The one they published today is my favorite of those tweet-length stories, and I'm thrilled that it was chosen to be added to their site.

Friday I will be posting this week's "Dissecting the Short Story" entry. If you're interested in reading ahead, the story I'll be discussing this week is "Calculus for Blondes" by John H. Dirckx from the January/February 2012 issue of Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sale! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's neat that there's a site that pays for Tweet-length fiction. They get some cool stories on that site, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat little story - sad too. Took me a couple of reads to get it. Well done on the success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say that I quite liked the story and it was actually what led me to this blog, which I'm enjoying as well. *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick, sorry that I overlooked your comment last week. I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

    Jillian, I'm also glad that you enjoyed it and that you've been enjoying visiting my blog. Thanks for stopping in and saying Hi!

    ReplyDelete